Answering the eternal question - "You don't work? What do you DO all day?"

Thursday, September 20, 2007

I got the books...

... now all I need is a few good ideas. I've been wanting for a while to begin designing my own sweaters and such, since I can never seem to find quite the pattern I'm looking for, but being a big wuss, I've always been afraid of screwing up. Well, armed with a couple of books about sweater design (in addition to the ones I've already had), I'm about ready to start out. But first I need to get myself one of those Vogue Stitchionaries, the one for cables specifically.

My basic knitting philosophy is this - the froufrou novelty yarn just doesn't do it for me. Give me cables, fair isles, lace... the more complicated, the better. And I think this is going to be my basic problem - that I'll want to create things so complicated that they'll be practically unwearable. It's a fine line between something that's complex and cool and something your grandmother would wear or that would be better off used as a table cloth!

No comments: